PDA

View Full Version : Ebay dispute resolution

Archive
03-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>I sold a 33 goudey Gehrig on EBAY that closed on 2/3/05 and never got paid. So on 3/2/05 I filed a dispute with EBAY because you have to wait the 30 day period, I believe. I still have no way of knowing if they gave me credit or not and am frustrated because I do not know how to get in touch with someone at EBAY so I can make sure that I have been given the credit and want to list the card again. If anyone out there knows how I should handle this I would appreciate it.

Archive
03-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>You bet it is very difficult to contact EBAY, but you should be able to go to your account on ebay and you are able to see charges and and credits for each item you sold.<br /><br />Joe

Archive
03-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted</b><p>Go to the left side of your "my ebay" page, and find the link called, "Unpaid Item Disputes". After you log into that, it will show you the status. If after waiting 10 or 15 days, can't remember which, you are eligible to apply for a refund of your final value fee. They can't just automatically refund your fee as they don't know if you have gotten the money in the mail and just not told them about it. It is real easy to do. Once you do that, you can do the relist option, and they will not charge a re-list fee if it sells the second time.<br><br>Ted<br />He who so shall, so shall he who!

Archive
03-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I had a dispute that dragged on for months and ran into a brick wall with ebay. After I complained to ebay about 12 times that they were avoiding my questions, they finally forwarded to me information that everyone should have: the address of ebay's legal department. It is:<br /><br />eBay Inc.<br />Attn: Corporate Counsel<br />2145 Hamilton Avenue<br />San Jose, CA 95125<br /><br />Fortunately, the seller I was dealing with had a last minute change of heart and refunded my money. So I do not know how fruitful it will be to contact ebay's legal department. But it couldn't be much worse than the canned email responses you get from their complaint department.<br />