PDA

View Full Version : How to sell a signed T card that isn't real.

Archive
03-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Andy</b><p><br />A week or so ago I posted on here a couple of T206 cards that were signed. I used the PSA/DNA "quick opinion" for the Hughie Jennings signed T206. Within 4 minutes, they responed with "Likely Not Genuine". I now want to just sell the 4 signed cards as they are. How would I list them on eBay? I do not want to take part in the "Not sure of the signature so sold as-is!".<br />Should I state that I believe the sigs are not real and are sold as original T206's with writing? If PSA/DNA dosen't like one of the cards, the other 3 are probably not real either. What do you guys (and Gals) think?

Archive
03-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>If you are clear and unequivical that the sigs are not genuine and the sale is not of autographs, that is fine. You are selling the cards not the signatures.

Archive
03-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew Parks</b><p>I would tell the entire story - how you came about them, that you sent one to PSA, what PSA said, that you bought them together, that they are indeed REAL cards etc etc etc...Disclose EVERYTHING. Then let the course take it where it will go...<br /><br />That's what I would do.

Archive
03-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Andy</b><p>I know how to list these now and feel o.k. about it.<br /><br />Thanks!!!

Archive
03-28-2005, 06:00 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>How can they tell jack**** with a scan? <br /><br />If you put it out on ebay with a story like that you will get next to nothing. <br /><br />If you don't know, don't be sure that you should simply throw away the cards. The last card I bought with an "I cannot vouch for it so assume it is fake" turned out to have a real autograph worth hundreds. <br /><br />Send the cards to a respectable auction house and let them make the call, since they are worth a lot if real. If real, consign them. If not, you can throw them away on ebay.