PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER COBB, ANOTHER STORY

Archive
03-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Posted By: <b>CHRIS</b><p>IT'S OUT OF CONTROL!<br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2518&item=5965762949&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2518&item=5965762949&rd=1</a>

Archive
03-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>what a joke...its time people get a different story than "my grandmother gave it to me"...obviously your grandmother knows it fake, 'cause if it were authentic she'd sell it on her own, she gave it to you 'cause she doesn't like you!<br />pete-

Archive
03-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br />I like the part about the Bible....gives the story a nice "wholesome" touch. Funny how the "rarest of the rare" always seem to be turning up in these odd places....never a wrinkled up common.

Archive
03-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>at least with this auction the scammer priced the card so high the "i want to believe" people will not bid....i'm sure we'll see this one marked down in the weeks to come.

Archive
03-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>you know, i kinda feel bad and all that he "really could use the money right now"...maybe we should pull our $ together and buy it from him..... NOT!!!!! i emailed him asking about a refund if it comes back fake....lets see his response if any.<br />pete-

Archive
03-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Posted By: <b>jbgird</b><p>This thing is so fake and his asking price is so out of reality that at least no sucker will buy it. I would not be willing to pay 32,000 if it was graded by bvg. Now I am going and checking my bible so I can sell the Honus Wagner inside. Maybe I can get my great grandmother to give it to me. Hope ebay shuts this down before he sells.<br><br>JBGIRD

Archive
03-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>O.K. I'll accept help from anyone who offers it. Hail Mary, Full of Grace/ Blessed art Thou Among Women/ Blessed is the Fruit of thy Womb, Jesus./ Holy Mary, Mother of God/ Pray For Us Sinners/ Now, and at the Hour of Our Death/Amen.<br /><br />I sure don't want to leave anyone out that might be important!<br /><br />Besides, they're nice cards.<br /><br />What an AWFUL, AWFUL fake!!!<br /><br />

Archive
03-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Posted By: <b>steve k</b><p>&lt;&lt;&lt; WHICH SHE FOUND IN AN OLD BIBLE YEARS AGO. &gt;&gt;&gt;<br><br>A Cobb card found in a Bible. Now there's a contradiction - LOL

Archive
03-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim James</b><p>These cards have to come from the same place.They all have the same rounded corners.And in addition,to have paper this white on a T 206,it would have to be wrapped in PH neutral paper for 95 years.