PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy - Post Ebay auctions only after they're over

Archive
03-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Posted By: <b>martin dalziel</b><p>Not sure of others' thoughts on this but i wish folks would not post active Ebay auctions. Unless you're trying to alert people of a scam ("they don't own the card, thats a scan from my website") please just wait until its over to ask your questions.<br /><br />I know that i don't want to share potential bargains with others and have them run up the bidding. If thats being selfish then sobeit.<br /><br />I absolutely am a fan of using completed Ebay auctions for discussion fodder or for education. Ebay has proved to be a furtile ground for research and sharing reasearch i'm all for.<br /><br />Thoughts?

Archive
03-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>i think most people here watch or use ebay on a regular basis. ive been outbid several times by people here (bastards!) on stuff that wasnt a high profile item, like a cobb, ruth, t206's, etc, etc, etc....even when it wasnt posted here...i dont know how to post the link yet, i usually just put the item number.<br />pete-

Archive
03-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>important questions to ask about it (does this look trimmed/ Does it look fake? Does anyone know what this should sell for?) I think, like most of the rest, if I have such burning questions, I dash off a note or a phone call to a friend who I know will not be bidding on the item--or Mark Macrae--if he's home, and not travelling (who wouldn't change his bid becasuse I was competing, and has most of the things I'd ever want already, and knows damn near everything). <br /><br />It's not always possible to keep your trap shut.