PDA

View Full Version : BEST Insurance company for cards???

Archive
03-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Posted By: <b>RIchard LLOYD</b><p>I know this has been on the board before... but I need to<br />make the move... Can someone kindly help me with the <br />most trusted company..<br />Thanks<br />Dick<br />

Archive
03-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike P.</b><p>If you click the vintage links at the top then scroll down to the miscellaneous section at the bottom there are links to 2 companies. I have no opinion on them but it's a step in the right direction.

Archive
03-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p><a href="http://www.collectinsure.com/SpecPages/sports.htm" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.collectinsure.com/SpecPages/sports.htm</a><br /><br />Never had to make a claim, though...

Archive
03-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard LLOYD</b><p>It looks good !!!... I will call them on monday..<br />Thanks<br />Dick

Archive
03-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>I just send my payment off to the same insurance co.<br />Hopefully it's a good one.<br />robert a

Archive
03-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Posted By: <b>PASJD</b><p>I went with the other one listed on the "links" page for the simple reason that when I emailed both they got back in touch with me and the other one never did. The application process was very simple, I got my policy within a week, and one can only hope I will never need to find out if they are for real. I guess I should have done more research (despite being a lawyer I am probably one of those trusting "sheep" Adam was railing against one late night who takes things on faith) but it looked legit to me.

Archive
03-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Posted By: <b>RCM</b><p>For those of you that are using Collectables Insurance Agency in Maryland and NAC Collectors out of North Carolina, who are the A.M. Best "A" rated insurance companies that they are referring to in their advertisements? Hartford?, Travelers?

Archive
03-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>After seeing this topic come up several times, I thought it would be worth while create a quick comparison of collectible insurance options as a reference guide. I haven't actually posted it to my site yet and was hoping to add some testimonials. If you've used one of the three, would like to share your experience, and wouldn't mind your response being posted, please shoot me an e-mail with any comments. <br /><br /><a href="http://www.slantycouch.com/articles/05_insurance.htm" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.slantycouch.com/articles/05_insurance.htm</a><br /><br />Also, if you have any other things that should be added please let me know. Thanks for your feedback.<br /><br />Chris<br /><br />

Archive
03-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>Very helpful Chris - thanks.

Archive
03-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>the underwriter on the policy I received was Hartford.

Archive
03-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Harry</b><p>Thanks Chris for the great resource. I have been too busy to do this research on my own (ok...too lazy). My question is do people actually shell out $700/year for their bigger collections? I have been fortunate (knock on wood) to never have a break in or other losses. I am starting to think my methods of crossing my fingers and keeping my wife in attack mode will only take me so far ... It does look like the Collectibles Insurance Agency is the way to go. It might be a little more expensive but it seems you get a much better sense of comfort and accountablity if you ever need to collect.<br /><br />Harry

Archive
03-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>Chubb wanted WAY too much to insure my collection...espcially since it is safe sitting in a safe deposit box.<br /><br />They were charging me some crazy high price... as if I was taking my cards to the ballpark and leaving them out on public display without supervision.<br /><br />Was not worth it.<br /><br />

Archive
03-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Jason</b><p>But I keep my most valuable cards in a safe deposit box at the bank. Every year or so I can go down if I want and take them out to look at them, but I have scans of them so its not such a big deal.