PDA

View Full Version : Search Function for past posts

Archive
03-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>I recently read that the SEARCH function for this forum has been crippled. I know that the information is still out there because I saved a few URLs from a few special threads and the information is still available for viewing. This is a very important feature for bull boards. Losing the ability to search past postings is akin to loosing family pictures in a fire. Not only that, it makes it difficult to tell people to search past threads for the information because the search function isn't working. It would appear that some type of indexing file was corrupted, deleted or otherwise inadvertently wipedout. The information is there but it's not available in any discernable indexed format - it's lost in cyberspace. <br /><br />Is the search function going to be restored? <br /><br />Was there a backup to the indexing?<br /><br />This board has a lot of members and I was wondering if anyone created their own indexing for particular subject matters. For example. I hate to admit this but I took the National Enquirer attitude of the Plancich posts and indexed them all. Has anyone done this for specific subject matter posts? If the search fucntion can't be restored then this will be the only way to rebuild the library of information that seems to have been lost.<br /><br />

Archive
03-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>uh, Fred...the search function has been working for several days now. Brian or Leon posted on here when it was fixed. You'll see the button back in it's usual spot on the home page.

Archive
03-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>Elliot,<br /><br />Thanks!! I could say that I was just checking to see if anyone was awake but I just screwed up. I thought the search function was still on the blink. <br /><br />I was going to be really disappointed if the search function didn't work. <br /><br />Thanks again,<br /><br />Fred

Archive
03-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p><br /><a href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=153652&messageid=1111114274&lp=1111438507" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=153652&messageid=1111114274&lp=1111438507</a><br /><br />