PDA

View Full Version : When to post on EBAY

Archive
03-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>I have been selling for about 6 months on EBAY and wanted to get some advice from the board...does it really matter what day or time you post? I usually try to avoid the week ends, holidays and special events that might have less buyers on line when the listings end. Do you think that having a picture in the gallery or featured ads get better prices? Or really the only thing that matters if your product is good then it will sell at a good price.<br /><br />Thanks for your advice.<br /><br />Robert

Archive
03-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>A good clear picture or scans are an absolute must. Sunday night is prime time, the most people shopping. The hazard with posting with an end time on Sunday night is that everyone else does it, and unless your item truely stands out, it will get lost in the shuffle. I had a several low grade t206s close for around $5 each a few months ago when these cards usually go for $10. Friday and Saturday nights are the only times to really avoid.<br /><br />Gallery is good to use for bigger ticket items and when you have a lot of items in the same catagory, using the featured gallery is a cheap way to a lot of exsposure for you all your items. Think of the $20 cost being defrayed across all the items you are selling. Just make sure to have a link your auction to all your items. We get a huge click thru rate form auctions to other items we have.<br /><br />Jay<br /><br /><br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
03-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>Jay's advice is right on.<br /><br />One other time to avoid at all costs is an ebay free listing day (or similar promotion when bulk listers go crazy). Check the ebay announcement boards so your listings aren't buried among hundreds of others taking advantsage of the free ride.