PDA

View Full Version : 1915 Cracker Jacks, Get yer almost complete set

Archive
03-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p> 1915 Craker Jack Cards! Original- Almost Complete Set<br />Wagner- Cobb- Joe Jackson and many more!!!! Item number: 5173930319

Archive
03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>You have to love the story the seller provides in the item description: <br /><br />"These are Original 1915 Cracker Jack Cards given to me by my grandfather before he passed away. He obtained these cards in the 1930's and never let go of them"<br /><br />I tell you, it just gets deeper and deeper.... I kind of laughed at the item description and sent the seller the following email: <br /><br />I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those cards are reprints which would probably make your story about your grandfather a little inaccurate to say the least. If you ask me how I would know that the cards are reprints I can only tell you that I know this through experience. If you still feel that they are real then you should research the PSA grading/authentication company because if they were real and you had just a few of them graded/authenticated then you could easily have $5,000 in your pocket and still have about 170 cards to sell. But since you and I both know that this isn't going to happen why don't you just do everyone a favor and pull the auction before you really tick someone off by taking their money.... <br /><br />I'm guessing that I'm going to get a really nasty reply that is full of piss and vinegar. If so, I'll post it as an update to the thread.

Archive
03-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>Judge, you beat me to it !<br /><br />I guess that some sit around pondering their next move thinking that there are none of us brain surgeons out here .

Archive
03-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>I am also waiting for a nasty E-mail response. I said that a Joe Jackson in a grade of 3 would bring in almost, if not more than, their Buy It Now price for the whole lot. I didn't suggest pulling the auction, just to either get some of the cards graded or add into the description that the cards are reprints.

Archive
03-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>My grandfathers didn't leave me squat. Who are all these people with the grandfathers of such foresight as to leave their idiot grandkids such great collections? <br /><br />Well, at least my uncle gave me his Callahan HOF set from when he was a boy...

Archive
03-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>It's a C46 common.<br /><br />Whoops, huge lie. A couple I was professionally asasociated with gave me a whole box of '68 and '69 Topps. I later found out that they had belonged to their son, who committed suicide so that he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam. (There's no chance that they would read this here.)<br /><br />I don't want to go into any more details, for fear that this could somehow get back to them, fourth hand, or something.<br />++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++<br /><br />The listing is gone.

Archive
03-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted</b><p>What does a set of reprints go for?<br><br>Ted<br />Fantasy? Reality? Interchangable!