PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard anything from Ben lately?

Archive
03-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>I sent him an email asking how the investigation was going and if he had had any luck, but I never heard back. Anyone have any info on how things are going with the investigation/him?

Archive
03-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Bryan Long</b><p>but I have yet to get a response. I think he dropped off the face of the earth. I hope he is doing ok.

Archive
03-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris B.</b><p>I have spoken to Ben a couple times this past week. He is doing OK, and there havent been any new developments with regard to his collection.

Archive
03-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Ben</b><p>Thanks, Bob, for your concern regarding my situation. Unfortunately, the "investigation" hasn't been at all fruitful to this point. Predictably, the cops were no help whatsoever, and the handouts I passed to the pawn shops as well as the classified ad I placed in the montreal newspaper haven't done anything for me. <br /><br />I apologize to everyone who has emailed me for my unresponsiveness. I have been avoiding email, ebay, and this forum for the past few weeks because, frankly, it depresses me. Although the collecting fire still burns within as strong as ever, I find it real difficult to enjoy the hobby because my mind always wanders to my stolen collection and all the cards that I cherished so much.

Archive
03-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>I had several thousand dollars worth of cards stolen in a burglary last October, although unlike you, they got other stuff too. About half was recovered by the police last November in conjunction with a routine traffic stop of the bastard who did it. Then this past weekend, a dealer I know bought nearly all of the remainder when some other bastard came in off the street to sell at a tri-star show. These were returned to me, and while I'm stil missing some, I've now recovered more than 90% of the cards stolen. It can and does happen, so keep the faith.

Archive
03-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Posted By: <b>quan</b><p>good to hear todd...and i don't blame ben one bit for avoiding all things cards-related.

Archive
03-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Posted By: <b>hockey jim</b><p>In case you did not realize it, there are 2 decent shows in Montreal in the next 2 weeks. This weekend is a hotel show that you may want to visit. There are reputable dealers there that you may want to give a heads up to like Len Pottie ,Michel Dubois and Jerry Chartrand. The one next weekend is bigger and the thief might be holding on to the cards thinking BMW will be there, but they will be in Chicago instead. Hope this helps a bit. <br /><br />Jim

Archive
03-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>E-mail follows.