PDA

View Full Version : BaseballVintage.com

Archive
02-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Eric B</b><p>Just wondering if anyone had received their cards from the Jan. auction yet..that was the first auction I had bid in and I was just wondering.

Archive
02-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I won 1 card, and have yet to receive it.

Archive
02-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>I got mine a few weeks ago. James is very reliable, I would contact him directly...he does insure all shipments so if it is lost he will takr care of it.<br /><br />-Joshua

Archive
02-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>I got mine a few weeks ago.

Archive
02-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>Nope i havent got mine yet,i did pay with check altho i was prompt with payment.Its a shame,he has some nice stuff just delivery takes too long otherwise i think he would do better with his auctions

Archive
02-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>If James reads this board,please contact me.Its been just over 2 weeks since my check cleared and i havent got my winnings yet or heard back from you when i wrote on monday morning.Thanks,John

Archive
02-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I emailed him on 2/19 and still no response or card. I paypaled payment at least 3 weeks ago.<br /><br />Waiting...<br /><br />Brian

Archive
02-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>Paid with PayPal the day after the auction and still have not received my items. I sent an e-mail last week and haven't heard back either. I'm not all that worried, but I'd like to know what the status is...

Archive
02-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike P.</b><p>Maybe there is something else wrong. Emergency? personal matter? Granted you should all be informed but I am sure there is an explanation. I also noticed he didn't have any auctions this month either.

Archive
02-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>He has ebay auctions going and has bid on numerous ebay items as recently as sunday

Archive
03-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Still no card, and no response to emails.<br /><br />Does anyone know the process with paypal to get money back from a deadbeat seller?

Archive
03-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>I heard back from James yesterday,and he sent out the cards then with an apology and a tracking number.You may want to contact him again thru ebay.<br /><br />Ive said it in the past,ive had many great transactions from him,so this was very unlike him,but it appears hes tried to rectify it as well as possible.Besides the apology he promised to make it up to me in a future auction

Archive
03-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Thanks for the update. Hopefully, he will answer my emails (sent through ebay and to info@baseballvintage.com).<br /><br />Its frustrating to see someone very active on ebay, yet not even communicating with a buyer for 5+ weeks...<br /><br />I just want to know when my card will arrive. If he had told me in January that he wouldn't ship until Feb 28th, that would have been ok. At least I would have known the actual status.

Archive
03-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>with James was from ebay. He took about a month to send my item. Gave me a plethora of excuses in between. I've never heard of anyone actually getting ripped off by him but I have heard of more than a few slow ships. That can be very frusterating and certainly no way to run a business(?).....regards

Archive
03-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>I was in discussion with him over his drum back on ebay about a week ago and he returned all emails promptly.

Archive
03-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Baxter</b><p><br />A while back, last year if I remember correctly, I won an N172 from one of his auctions and after paying by check there was a lengthy shipping delay. Apparently, he was having some other person or company do his shipping for him and as it turned out, that's where the problem was. <br /><br />All of my experiences buying and selling with Jim thus far have been very positive. Communication has not been a problem and he's always been quick to resolve an issue. Hopefully, he will see this thread and give you guys some clue as to what is going on.<br /><br />Best,<br /> Adam<br />

Archive
03-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Hearing that James is responding to everyone's emails is frustrating given I haven't heard back from him. I guess I need to offer to buy something to get him to respond to me.<br /><br />

Archive
03-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Several people have responded to me privately that James is using the "wrong zip code" excuse for tardy January shipments.<br /><br />Unfortunately, he will not return any of my emails. I will file a grievance with paypal next Tuesday -- I am assuming 6 weeks after payment and no communication or card is sufficient time to do so...<br />

Archive
03-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>I sent 3 e-mails with no response, but the good news is I received my cards today via Priority Mail, well packaged.<br /><br />I hope everyone else does as well...

Archive
03-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I am glad you got your card. Priority shipping after waiting 6 weeks is kinda humorous -- like the SNL skit were the company could ship items into the past.<br /><br />

Archive
03-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>My cards also came today altho i wasnt home to sign for them so i wont get them till tomorrow.I didnt get the zip code excuse,he told me it was an oversight on his part

Archive
03-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Just received an email, cards are in route according to James. At least I have communications.

Archive
03-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Got the card today.<br />

Archive
03-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I also received my cards yesterday.<br /><br />Lee

Archive
03-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Eric B</b><p>Got mine also...