PDA

View Full Version : Fair Warning

Archive
03-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>It appears tomorrow may be another inventory dump day special on eBay. . . .again. I feel sorry for anyone who just made a listing. By 9am tomorrow those "new" auctions will be on page 50.<br /><br />Doesn't seem fair to me.<br /><br />

Archive
03-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard Simon</b><p>How can you complain when a company we all do business with (though not all of us sell there) puts on a sale? There are lots of things to complain about regarding ebay, but this is not one of those things.<br />I love it when ebay does this type of promotion.<br />I will always take advantage of a lower listing price to post items.<br /><br />-----<br /><br />I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Archive
03-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I love the dump days too. I often list items that I'd not bother to list otherwise and more often than not am pleasantly surprised with the results. Plus, I found a couple of genuinely good deals in the dumped inventory last time out.

Archive
03-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>I am with Pete on this, ebay should give more notice, so I can plan a dump!

Archive
03-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Howie</b><p>At the top of every Ebay page they got this magic box where you type in what you're looking for. It's free and saves days of paging through a gazillion items manually.

Archive
03-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>That box is great but how will you find the mis-labeled good deals that are in the category?

Archive
03-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Posted By: <b>andy becker</b><p>pete, i'm with you.<br />ebay "freeday" is a joke. <br />i thought it was reserved for slow listing days, like holidays...valentines day...most recently.<br />as a seller without a "dump" list, it sux.<br />regards

Archive
03-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>There is also a tab for just auction listings that eliminates all the fixed Price listings.