PDA

View Full Version : New Hobby Related Offering

Archive
02-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Posted By: <b>gradedcardgremlin</b><p>Hi All,<br /><br />Long time lurker, first time poster. As I sit here at work doing anything but making money for this company (Used to do that but I was always busy and besides, it never seemed to get me anywhere) I normally visit this site once or twice a day to view the latest goings on. My question to the board is this. If there was any kind of new hobby related website or internet based service (for profit or not) that you would all like to see available in the near future, what would it be???<br /><br />Personally, I have some thoughts on what I could make use of but I doubt many people would have interest. I would love some sort of project that I could devote myself to that would benefit all.<br /><br />Basically, I am curious what it is that people have said "I wish there was ...... so that I could ....." If there are enough people on the same boat with a similar idea I would love to undertake the project.<br />Regards,<br />GradedCardGremlin

Archive
02-24-2005, 06:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>There are utilities which are lacking in this hobby which are of interest to some. The one which I have often needed is a list of the baseball cards which exist broken down by year of issue.<br /><br />The compilation of this list would include a tabulation of the sets issued each year.<br /><br />So in operation, if I wanted a card of McGraw from 1913; I could look at the list for sets produced in 1913, then crossreference that summary with information from sources such as price guides to determine whether any set contained his card.<br /><br />A refinement of this tabulation would be the generation of the list of cards which were produced for each set, in each year. For example, Old Judges were produced over the course of several years. But, unless I am mistaken, there is no listing of which specific cards were produced each year.<br /><br />Certainly, there are gaps in understanding; and any such effort will be prone to errors. But I think that hobby focus is currently expanding to make this compilation one of increasing interest.<br /><br />Gee, maybe it already exists and I just am unaware of that listing.<br /><br />I am not sure, however, if this is the type of effort which you are interested in performing. Please advise us of your thoughts.<br /><br />Thank you,<br />Gilbert

Archive
02-24-2005, 06:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>I know that I would pay a small annual fee for on-line access to the service that Gil mentioned above....<br /><br />provided the information is complete and accurate.