PDA

View Full Version : Graded vs. Un-graded

Archive
02-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Kcherent</b><p>Wanted to start a general topic of graded vs non-graded. As somewhat of a novice in the vbc, and after reading a few of the posts, I wish to seek some input from you more seasoned vets out there. It appears to me that about the only way a novice can be assured of purchasing an authentic card, is to stick to the professionally graded ones-at least until some time and different experiences have happened.<br /><br />I have several ungraded T201, T205 and T206 cards, along with some graded T205,T206 and Cracker Jack cards from both PSA and GAI. The ungraded ones appear authentic to me but without having them professionally graded I don't know that I could bet on it.<br /><br />What is the difference in the grading companies? (I realize this could set off an all out war!) Does a graded card always indicate authentic both in year and set? (Unless of course it is graded as a reprint)<br /><br />

Archive
02-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>page. Owner might get mad otherwise...be sure the little dot is on "subject," and you can try "graded cards" "unhraded cards" "PSA," "SGC," "GAI," or the less reputable ones. Or Bill Cornell (click on "contact me" at the top left) might suggest a particularly helpful thread.<br /><br />If any of them have really been helpful...the calmer, the better! <br /><br />As you'll see, you're quite right about "starting an all-out war"!

Archive
02-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Wesley</b><p>Don't purchase ungraded cards from dealers that you have not dealt with before unless you have an opportunaity to inspect the cards or the dealers have reputations for being honest or the dealers have acceptable return policies.<br /><br />If you are buying graded cards, stick with PSA, GAI and SGC. From these three, everyone has different preferences but these three seem to have similar standards and these three seem to be reputable.<br /><br />When you get a chance, check out the Tips for Collectors link above.