PDA

View Full Version : Who had held a T206 Wagner

Archive
01-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>Ok. Jay's reply to another post got me wondering who has held a Wagner before and what were the circumstances?When did you get the honor also?

Archive
01-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>I know of three seperate times I have held a T-206 Wagner...<br /><br />The first time was before grading became ultra popular. I had the chance to hold one in fair-good condition that was owned by a dealer in Texas...this was at a rather small show around 1984 in Los Angeles. He was just showing off then.<br /><br />The second time was at a National, I was able to hold a Wagner that was going to be auctioned...can't remember who...it was in better shape than the first. I only got to hold it because the guy I was with had registered to bid and had MONEY.<br /><br />The third time was at the National the last time it was in Anaheim...I think(not all that sure, there were several people around that day) I was with Brett D. (of Vintage Cardboard magazine fame--) and another collector who got to hold the Gretzky Wagner and another Wagner. Held it for about 10 minutes and got to compare it to other t-206s before the auction house grabbed it away when I made trimming noises...that National, I also had the chance to see the Wagner proof strip up close with out 10 inches of lucite. I asked them to turn it over to see the back (blank). I never was able to hold it but it was very interesting.<br /><br />-Joshua

Archive
01-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve Dawson</b><p>of course it was Heinie, instead of Honus.<br /><br /><br />Steve<br />