PDA

View Full Version : SGC grading questions

Archive
01-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I just got my grades for about 40 T206 cards. I think I got slammed on some of the grades. I never tried but is it possible to email to see why cards got the grades they got or no. <br /><br />Thanks,<br />Paul

Archive
01-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>useless...they would have no idea

Archive
01-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Clarke</b><p>Best way to get cards graded is face to face.. Other than that, you are just a spoke in the wheel with most companies... (PSA/SGC)

Archive
01-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't know about PSA but if you have a problem with SGC they are very accessible..........later

Archive
01-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>The think to remember with SGC is that can be harsh with their grades. There is an outside chance that you might get a card upgraded, but it rarely done. The nice thing about SGC is that you don't often see an overgraded card in their holders. Especially something like tht PSA 4 with the paper loss that was recently talked about.<br /><br />If you think they were tough on your t206s, try collecting caramel cards or non-sports issues. They absolutely hammer those cards. I used to have an e50 Dockman Teddy Roosevelt that graded SGC50 that would put most Ex/NM cards to shame. The Buffalo Bill card from the same set was even nicer and it only pulled a 60.<br /><br />SGC may be a bit harsh, but they are consistant.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>Wow upside down is Mom. Mom upside down is what dad wants to see.

Archive
01-27-2005, 04:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Ehh that's what I thought. Good service though.<br /><br />Paul

Archive
01-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>does one get a card graded face-to-face? Is this done?

Archive
01-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>If you go to a show where they set up, for grading, you can bring it to them and they will take it, bring it back to the back, then let you know something....time permitting and if you pay whatever the show price is for grading. At least that's my experience. I have never seen them give an actual grade in person. They always bring it to the back to confer and investigate...This works well if you have something you don't want to send in the mail, or leave anywhere, and grading fees are not a factor for you...I have never brought a card to their office and don't know if that can be done while you wait or not....I assume it could...later

Archive
01-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>How about PSA? I live in Orange County. Does anyone know if I could hand carry a card thru their grading process or is that a cost best reserved for a Wagner?

Archive
01-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>PSA won't even let you hand carry a Wagner thru their grading process. It might compromise the War on Terror, ya know.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>Wow upside down is Mom. Mom upside down is what dad wants to see.