PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth auto cut on e-bay(from Leland's auction)

Archive
01-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Real?<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27263&item=5153446356&rd=1" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27263&item=5153446356&rd=1</a>

Archive
01-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Posted By: <b>rick</b><p>I have one my dad handed down to me he got personally from Babe Ruth. By comparison I would say this looks good, but I think you will find that there are probably some pretty good forgers out there.My dad is close to eighty and he forgets somethings that happened yesterday,he repeats stories over and over again, but I will never get tired of hearing the story about getting the Babe's autograph.Did you know he signed righthanded?

Archive
01-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>My dad saw the Bambino in NYC on Park Avenue once and Babe nodded to him, but my dad did not have the presence of mind to get a signature. Too bad...

Archive
01-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Real

Archive
01-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Rob L</b><p>I've got several Ruth autographs and a bunch of exemplars and this one looks good to me too.

Archive
01-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>If this is real it was sold for beans. $600 for a authentic Ruth auto? I see others going for over $3000 on e-bay. I guess I'm hesitant to purchase any auto's not PSA/DNA authenticated at this point.

Archive
01-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Rob L</b><p>I wouldn't necessarily trust a PSA/DNA LOA, you would be better off with a LOA from Mike Gutierez (sp?) or Richard Simon.

Archive
01-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>Rob,<br /><br />I agree 100%. Mike G. is very good, and I have had some stuff authenticated by Richard SImon and he is very good as well. PSA/DNA is good, but not great. They make a ton of mistakes, but they also handle much more volume.<br /><br />Rhys

Archive
01-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Volume is no excuse for mistakes. If increasing you volume hurts the quality of your work, then you need to cut back. The excuse, they do a large volume, thus they make more mistakes doesn't cut it. When this kind of money on is on the line and people are trusting your judgement, you better be mistake free, or at least willing to own up to your mistakes, which several authenticators seem unable to do.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>Wow upside down is Mom. Mom upside down is what dad wants to see.

Archive
01-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>Thanks for the compliments on this thread about my work.<br />I have found out some interesting new information about PSA that I think collectors should be aware of.<br />Please go to my website at -<br /><br />www.richardsimonsports.com/hofauto2.htm<br /><br />-----<br /><br />Richard Simon

Archive
01-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>The signature looks good to me.<br /><br /><br />Richard Simon