PDA

View Full Version : Tintype - Philadelphia Athletics player

Archive
01-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>Am I the only one that finds this selling behavior tiresome? I think if ebay is going to let sellers cancel their auctions early to sell off-line, under the guise of "error in listing", they should require more detail as to what the error was.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6143588738&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT" target=_new><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6143588738&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT</a" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6143588738&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT</a</a>><br /><br />edited to add: He said the keywords were incorrect and he's re-listing.

Archive
01-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Max Weder</b><p>I can just see ebay offering these possible reasons for sellers ending the auction early:<br /><br />1. The dog ate my homework which contained my slabbed cards<br />2. I got my AAA automobile and AAA grading service cards mixed up.<br />3. My opening bid was mistakenly in Canadian dollars.<br />4. The print wasn't dry on my laser copier.<br /><br />...and the number 5 reason (couldn't think of 10)<br /><br />5. I mistakenly thought this was ebay free listing day.<br /><br />Max

Archive
01-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>to see it in a Mastronet auction soon.......

Archive
01-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>Tom wins the prize. Bingo.

Archive
01-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I guess if they could be drummer boys in the army they can play ball...

Archive
01-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>If I find something really good on ebay now the first thing I do is e mail the seller and let them know that they WILL get offers to end the auction early and to not do it.<br /><br />Last week when an extremely rare Louis Sockalexis photo went up on ebay I did something like this and convinced the lady to relist it, after someone else had convinced her to end it. I am glad I did because I ended up winning it after all was said and done. Sometimes an e mail to the seller explaining that people only make offers to get a good deal will convince them to relist the item (as was the case in my situation above).<br /><br />Rhys

Archive
01-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>who said it would be relisted next week on ebay with more detailed description and title..........

Archive
01-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>I was the underbidder, but even after I put in my snipe I felt certain you would be "on top of me". (be gentle)

Archive
01-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>I grew up in Old Town Maine, which is the same town Sockalexis was from, and knew one Penobscot Indian who was his relative. I played hockey at the "Louis Sockalexis Ice Arena" on Indian Island. We even had a full 1 hour history class on Sockalexis in 8th grade. Since there is nothing on him anywhere, when this came up for sale I thought I would kick myself for a long time if I didn't get it. I bid way higher than the price I ended up getting it for, so thanks Scott for saving me money and not bidding too high.<br /><br />Rhys