PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Exhibits

Archive
01-05-2005, 05:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Porter</b><p><P>I know this is off-topic (darn-near modern), but was wondering if any of you know the answer.&nbsp; A customer of mine has asked me about his collection of Exhibits put together in the early 1960's from machines near the Canadian border.&nbsp; They appear to have the same players and poses as the U.S. Exhibits (blank backed) from that era, but are 1/8" short both ways - meaning they are identical in size to the 1953 Canadian Exhibits.&nbsp; However, I can find no reference to this issue of Canadian Exhibits in Lemke's guide or elsewhere.</P><P>Does anyone know about this issue of Canadian Exhibits?&nbsp; How would the values compare to the comparable U.S. Exhibits?</P>

Archive
01-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>There are some Canadian exhibit-type cards that are a bit short and narrow in other sports, especially in hockey, where there were virtually no US cards and there are a lot of rare and nice hockey exhibit-type cards. Are the card backs gray?

Archive
01-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>Hi, the Canadian Exhibits are listed on page 133 (Major League Players), and page 1502 for the Montral Royals cards. good luck Frank

Archive
01-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Porter</b><p>Thanks for the responses.&nbsp; To clarify, though, these cards are sized as blank-backed Canadian Exhibits but replicate the&nbsp;players and poses of the US 1947-1966 Exhibits (Mantles, etc.).&nbsp; The backs are&nbsp;a light tannish color.&nbsp;&nbsp;