PDA

View Full Version : The Glory Of Their Times

Archive
12-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan B</b><p>Another post in here got me to looking on the IMDB for Sam Crawford and I noticed that the Ritter book "The Glory Of Their Times" was made into a documentary in 1977. Anyone know how to get a hold of that film or if it is even available?<br />

Archive
12-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Posted By: <b>qualitycards.com</b><p>Check eBay for a copy of a VHS. I couldn't find my old copy and it was easier to bid and get another for around $10 then to search hell & creation to see where mine was hiding. While searching for the VHS on eBay, I even picked up the record album from 1966, it has a neat photo of Rube Marquard warming up in 1908.

Archive
12-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan B</b><p>I checked ebay before posting here and couldn't find one in completed auctions or current so I didn't know if it was even available. Thanks for confirming that it is. <br /><br />A record too? Cool.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Dan

Archive
12-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>I have the record if you are interested in one, I could loan it to you for the cost of postage and you could return it after making a copy if you want. It is actually an autographed copy of the record, but the lady at the thrift store I bought it from scribbled over the Ritter signature and dedication with black crayon because she thought it was worthless writing. Go figure.

Archive
12-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan B</b><p>Thanks Rhys, but I'll be looking for a copy for my collection. Someone just emailed me and told me that the CD is available at Amazon.<br /><br />This messageboard rules.<br /><br />Dan

Archive
12-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew Parks</b><p>I have the cassettes. What is interesting is the mixed feelings the players have for Cobb as a person. However, they ALL had this feeling of awe when they spoke of him. Really cool.

Archive
12-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>I have them in my iPod and I listen to them on long car rides or plane flights.<br /><br />I recently picked up an audio CD of the 1939 Hall of Fame induction ceremony. You can hear all the old timers' acceptance speeches. Pretty phenomenal...

Archive
12-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>T206..<br /><br />Where could I get a copy of the audio of those 1939 induction speeches??<br /><br />Those must be great.

Archive
12-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Bill Cornell</b><p>Thanks, Paul, for that tip about the '39 induction speeches.<br /><br />They can be ordered here: <a href="http://shop.baseballhalloffame.org/300483.html" target=_new>http://shop.baseballhalloffame.org/300483.html</a><br /><br />Bill

Archive
12-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...I just got the CD. If someone orders this, can you put in this post what the book/program looks like?