PDA

View Full Version : Stolen card/Merry Christmas

Archive
12-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>Buried at the bottom of the long thread under a different subject was the fact that the E98 Old Put Clarke card which was one of sixteen stolen from me is pictured on page 302 of the 2004 SCD catalogue. It may also be in the 2005 catalogue, I haven't purchased mine yet, waiting for Santa to bring it. If anyone spots this at a show or on the internet, please let me know, ok?<br />Happy holidays to every one of my collector friends. Your support and emails during the GAI/UPS mess was greatly appreciated. I know of no other hobby which has so many wonderful people involved. <br />tbob<br />

Archive
12-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Elkins</b><p>will get in the Christmas Spirit and sell one to you????? HINT HINT LEON!

Archive
12-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>then pull his testicles over the top of his head as punishment.

Archive
12-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>odds are the package was either lost off a truck or in one of the sorting facilities and/or damaged beyond deliverable or recognizable. in either event the cards are lost forever and not only do you not catch a thief and retrieve some or all of the cards, they just flat are lost to error or neglect and further attrition of vintage cards occurs. (tom, not pointed at your company, just happened on their watch this time, others shippers have had the same experience). <br /><br />just another factor in attrition of cards, we have all probably had a package lost in the mail either coming or going.<br /><br />scott<br /><br />

Archive
12-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert A</b><p>I know it's a long shot that you'll get your cards back tbob, but as I said before, I had a package returned to me more than 6 months after I considered it LONG GONE. The USPS claimed that it happens often.<br /><br />Good luck.<br />robert

Archive
12-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>but as a type collector I need both background colors. They come around every now and then...except I've only seen one with any other background than a red one .....later

Archive
12-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>odds are the package was either lost off a truck or in one of the sorting facilities and/or damaged beyond deliverable or recognizable.&gt;&gt;<br /><br />Scott the tracking number shows an arrival scan in Little Rock, Arkansas and no departure scan which meant it never left the facility on its final leg to me. So it wasn't lost off a truck. That means either the package was stolen from the UPS facility or lost there. Maybe it was lost although a trace was run and the place was searched supposedly pretty thoroughly because of the amount of the insurance claim, but I lean toward the fact someone stole the package and yes, I do think the cards will surface. This is not akin to the situation in which a UPS driver kept the package, or delivered it to the wrong address, or it was sent somewhere else in error like ARizona instead of ARkansas. It was scanned in and scanned out of 4 different locations but only in and not out in the 5th. Also the scans in LR were specific of my single package and not a general scan of some packages, which sometimes happens. Had the package had a departure scan out of LR and then was lost, I would agree with you. Under the circumstances, I think they are going to wind up on ebay in the future, hopefully still in their GAI slabs although if the thief knows anything about anything, he'll pop them out and sell them raw or submit them to another grading company. We'll see....

Archive
12-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Posted By: <b>PASJD</b><p>I agree that the package likely was stolen. A certain amount of that is inevitable in an organization such as UPS and you just happened to be the unlucky one that day. Let's hope someone does something stupid and you can get a lead.