PDA

View Full Version : Mastro N172 lots questions

Archive
12-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Bob</b><p>Can someone explain to me why Mastro N172 lot #1873 and #1874 have such a big price difference? Both lots present 116 cards but one lot ended at $40,726 and one ended at $118,338. Am I missing something?

Archive
12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>My guess would be that the expensive lot contained a number of rare cards that the more knowledgable OJ collectors knew about.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>The difference between genius and insanity is acceptance.

Archive
12-13-2004, 05:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>Before looking for the scarce cards look at the cards that are in the forefront of this lot:<br /><br />1) Radbourn (NM) - If you look at lot 1148 ($9,663) it is the same Radbourn pose in an SGC84 holder. I realize that the lot description states the following:<br /><br />"The cards are graded without reference to notations, scrapbook paper attached, paper loss or glue marks on their blank backs, as these minor imperfections are common in Old Judges".<br /><br />This Radbourn card could have had a CLEAN back. Unless you specifically requested the scans of the back of the cards you wouldn't know if there is any back damage (or stains).<br /><br />2) There are more portraits in this lot than the other lot. <br /><br />3) The more expensive lot had a Maroon card. Lot 1879 had 10 different Maroon's that averaged over $1500 a piece. <br /><br />4) The more expensive lot had a nicer selection of HOF cards (albeit not a great difference but better).<br /><br />5) There are probably (more than likely) a few very tough cards in the more expensive lot that will probably not be revealed as such.<br /><br />6) Two people wanted it and one was willing to bid more... sorry, I had to add that one...