PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for info & another question

Archive
12-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Posted By: <b>LittleLee47</b><p>Thanks all for the info on the monster. <br /><br />Now I have another question, is there a site some where or a book that has info on all the different Exhibit card issues?<br /><br />Thanks again, Little Lee

Archive
12-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Howie</b><p>If you're just looking for the baseball issues the yearly SCD and Beckett guides are what you need. If you're looking for the the other sports you can find those in the yearly guides for those sports as well. The movie stars, cars, animals I'm not sure if there is a guide. Your best bet would be to search on-line for exhibit cards and find a collector site for them.

Archive
12-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>If you are interested in scans of most of the baseball exhibit cards, the Old Baseball Cards site hosts a utility in their Specials section which shows almost every Exhibit (and many other sets) card.

Archive
12-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I've done the only comprehensive analysis available, as part of my book (available direct from me for only $43.85 delivered...plug, plug). I also have a hefty collection of images of rarer issues from other sports and non-sports and have done some in depth analysis of the PC backed baseball set (I revamped the SCD listings a couple of years ago), which was published in the Vintage & Classic Baseball Collector some time ago. Robert Shulhof, who sometimes sells on ebay, is a well known expert on these cards. He wrote a newsletter on arcade cards for years. Don't have an address on him right this moment. There was also some very good work on these cards in old issues of The Trader Speaks by Elwood (Woody) Scharf, but good luck finding them. The ACC is worthless on these cards. <br /><br />If you have specific questions, drop me a line and I'll see if I can help.

Archive
12-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Little Lee</b><p>Thanks every one for the help with the Exhibt Cards.

Archive
12-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Lyman Hardeman</b><p><br />On the <i>Old Cardboard</i> website at <a href="http://www.oldcardboard.com/w/exhibits/exhibits-gallery.asp" target=_new>http://www.oldcardboard.com/w/exhibits/exhibits-gallery.asp</a> (also accessible from the "Galleries" link on the OC home page) there is a gallery that shows an example from each of about two dozen Exhibit baseball sets. To get more detailed information on a specific set, just click on the example image for that set.<br /><br />Good luck with your search. --Lyman