PDA

View Full Version : SMA graded cutouts invade a monthly well known auction

Archive
12-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Posted By: <b>DD</b><p><a href="http://www.myccsa.com" target=_new>http://www.myccsa.com</a><br /><br />Coach's Corner has been running monthly auctions for years, and is a consistent SCD advertiser, last I looked. Their current auction, particularly lots 2881-2888, are SMA graded cutouts. No photos are provided for these lots. Their respectability in the hobby, as far as I am concerned, has just gone down a few notches.

Archive
12-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Posted By: <b>david</b><p>i refuse to believe all those early hof balls are authentic. the i am not an expert on old baseballs but the wagner does not even appear to be a period ball

Archive
12-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Greg Ecklund</b><p>Those guys have no shame...in the mid to late 90's it seemed like they had a Josh Gibson single signed ball for auction almost every month. Check out the Roger Maris signed ball as well as the Honus - it even has a "61 in 61" inscription.

Archive
12-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Sean Coe</b><p>The Wagner looks like many supposed vintage balls they've auctioned in the past-signed in what looks like charcoal pencil and the ball is uniformly brown. Many of these were "authenticated" by William Tell Research. The only other place I've seen these up for auction is Bricols. Save your money.

Archive
12-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Posted By: <b>prewarsports</b><p>I would not touch an autograph in their auctions with a ten foot pole. I have yet to see a vintage premium item sold by them which would pass authentication by a respectible company, even from their crappy black and white photos.<br /><br />I met with Kevin Keating before the national this past year and we were talking about Coach's Corner. (Kevin is in my opinion the best autograph dealer in the country). I asked him what he thought of their stuff and his reply was, "I think the forgers they have working for them are getting better". It is pretty common knowledge that their stuff is no good, and it blows me away that they can still run auctions and have not been sued yet. I think it is because their stuff never goes for enough to warrant a lawsuit. <br /><br />If you never bought an item from them you will sleep better at night in regard to the authenticity of the signatures in your collection. Therefore, it does not surprise me that they have now ventured into the world of other worthless pieces of crap to try and sell.<br /><br />Rhys