PDA

View Full Version : Trimmed T206's?

Archive
12-06-2004, 03:44 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill</b><p>Has anyone won cards from PalmCoastSold on Ebay? I just received an email from someone that said for me not to bid on their cards because they are trimmed. He won 3 cards and he said they were definitely trimmed. I was wondering because of what he says in his auction, " Neither the owner or we have enough experience with these cards to tell if they were trimmed or not at some point in the 60 to 70 years they existed before the owner inherited them. Please look at the photo's very carefully and feel free to e-mail us so we can look at the card in detail if you wish before deciding to bid. Per the owner's request, we will NOT accept returns on these cards due to winner's believing they are trimmed." Let me know if anyone has any knowledge of this seller. Thanks, Bill<br /><br />

Archive
12-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>makes me very wary. <br /><br />It does two things:<br /><br />a) It acknowledges that the cards may be trimmed, and<br /><br />b) It implies that the owner had the card for 30-40 years in which he knows it was not trimmed, but nonetheless acknowledges that there may have been some pre-1975 trimming of the card.<br /><br />That makes me suspicious!

Archive
12-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert {Bigb13}</b><p>I had won a card from them with a ghost image on the back. I received the card and did not think that it was an image from back in the early 1900's and had gotten an opinion from some people here on the board and elseware and <DIV>eventually wound up sending the item back for a full refund including shipping which was send to me through PayPal right away. Rob</DIV>t

Archive
12-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Bottom of the Ninth</b><p>Images of the cards I saw have irregular cuts so I passed on them. His write says it all.

Archive
12-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>I looked for past auctions and got "invalid id"

Archive
12-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert {Bigb13}</b><p>Here is what he has up now. Rob <A href="http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZpalmcoastsoldQ21QQsorecordsp erpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1">http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZpalmcoastsoldQ21QQsorecordsp erpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1</A>

Archive
12-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I think the correct wording for the description should be "We will not accept returns because the SELLER believes these cards are trimmed."<br /><br />Jay<br><br>The difference between genius and insanity is acceptance.

Archive
12-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert {Bigb13}</b><p>He accepted my return. Rob

Archive
12-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I looked at some his cards before reading and was wary, after reading decided not to bid on any of his auctions. He also has negative feedback saying he has sold trimmed cards. <br /><br />The fact he mentions trimming means to me he knows what trimming is and what to look for there for he knows that they are trimmed.<br /><br />No bids here<br /><br />Lee