PDA

View Full Version : W-575-2 Question

Archive
11-30-2004, 11:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Are there any experts out there on the W-575-2 (autograph on shoulder) set? I now have 4 of these cards, and they are all a little different. Three are on very thin stock, and one is on fairly thick stock. Of the three thin-stock cards, one is much more yellow than the others. This could be from age or from different stock. Of the two lighter colored thin-stock cards, one is a slightly different tone than the others. I'm wondering if some of them may be fake. I've looked at them all under a magnifying glass and, as far as I can tell, they all were printed using the same dot pattern technique. Any suggestions about how I can tell if any of these are fake? Thanks.<br /><br />Paul

Archive
12-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Tylicki</b><p>I would also be interested to hear a little more. I just picked up a George Kelly and an Urban Faber in raw form for my HOF portrait collection. I don't know much about the issue and hope the cards are authentic. <br /><br />Paul - I will be happy to forward you details (paper stock, color, etc.) once they are received - just e-mail me.<br /><br />Mark Tylicki<br />info@RustyWilly.com

Archive
12-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Thanks. The "thick" one that I have is Kelly, so I'll be interested to see what yours is like.<br /><br />Paul

Archive
12-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>If you send them to my lil old post office box with an SASE, I will return them with a note detailing which ones are real and which ones, if any, are not.<br /><br />Cycleback<br />POB 16311<br />Seattle WA 98116<br />

Archive
12-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Thanks, David, I will.