PDA

View Full Version : Getting my cards graded

Archive
11-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Trae</b><p>Few simple questions regarding grading. I have about 10 or 15 cards I would like to send off for grading/slabbing. I notice more SGC and PSA for vintage then anything else, but PSA requires a membership, and I haven't researched SGC yet. Which company provides the better value for your dollar in your opinion? What if any ways are there to save money by doing a lot of 10-15 cards at once?<br /><br />Could someone please briefly explain qualifiers, and what they do to my cards overall value?<br /><br />Thank you in advance for any help - sorry for the newbie questions. Just trying to get my collection up to speed.

Archive
11-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Bryan</b><p>You can do a search in the forum and get most of your questions answered about grading companies done that way. Everyone here has a different opinion when it comes to grading companies and there have been many, many threads created about the issue. I imagine that most people won't want to get into such a debate again. As for qualifiers on PSA cards. I have found that if you have one that it normally brings the value down one or two grades lower when trying to sell it. For example, if you have a PSA 8 (OC) it would normally bring the value down to a PSA 7 or even a 6 at times. Of course, this is just by my experience. Just a small note - I feel that SGC does a much better job of grading vintage material. I hope this helps.<br />Bryan