PDA

View Full Version : Card Shops in NYC?

Archive
11-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>I'll be in the city this weekend and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for dealers/shops I shoud stop by? I'll be staying in midtown, but can of course get anywhere. Thanks for any suggestions!<br /><br />Chris

Archive
11-17-2004, 04:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Alex's MVP. I haven't been here in 5 years, but they had a LARGE selection of vintage items (t206, etc).<br /><br />In the east low 80's

Archive
11-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>Alex's MVP Cards<br />256 East 89th Street, New York, NY 10128 (212) 831-2273 <br />A small place with a modest collection of comics and cards. <br /><br />I just called, and they still have vintage cards. They are open on Saturdays from 11-8 and Sundays from 12-7. I'll have to make sure to stop by at some point, as I work near there.<br /><br />Anyone else have any other card stores in NYC or surrounding area that I should know about?

Archive
11-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Posted By: <b>HW</b><p>used to have some high end memorabilia and cards in their store. Not sure if they still deal in sports stuff, but it would probably be worth looking them up in the phone book.

Archive
11-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>about 7 years ago I was staying in the Marriott by the World Trade Center, and picked up a Duke Snider at a nearby card shop - can't remember the name of it though.

Archive
11-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Geno</b><p>I was in NYC last year and stopped by Brigandi. They are OK if you want a bunch of 50s-70s Topps cards priced at the higher end of the scale. I asked for some help on a few to see if I could get them priced somewhere near their condition, but got the "nobody here today knows about BB cards." Maybe I just went on a bad day...

Archive
11-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe P.</b><p>I lived in NYC for 60 years.<br />Even when Brigandi jumped on the baseball cards bandwagon in the '80's, they always had to look for the baseball guy.<br />Check the yellow pages for others.<br />Last time that I did the shows and stores in that area was 1990.<br />Lot's of luck and have fun.