PDA

View Full Version : Bread cards help

Archive
11-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert Adesso</b><p>Is there a good source of info. on bread cards that goes beyond expected sizes and pictures that gets into details on each series?

Archive
11-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>but would sure be interested. I believe that they were going to be covered in Lew's 4th edition of the Encyclopedia.....but he only got to 3....The collective folks on the board (which is immense) and other hobby sources are all I know of....regards

Archive
11-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>While we are at it, does anyone know what a bread end label was used for (I mean, how did it work)?

Archive
11-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert Adesso</b><p>I know you have experience with d304.<br />Are all of them that you have seen/owned/viewed the same exact size? Do they vary at all by the back that they carry?<br />THANKS

Archive
11-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>Well, I know bread end cards like the Bread for Energy Labels (anybody have any phillies for sale) were used for advertising. Bread was stacked in the market much like today and the end label was for advertising. Back then it was most likely cheaper to print a card than print on plastic (if you were able to at all in the 40s-50s).<br /><br />Many years ago (mid 80s) I actually held in my hand a full package of bread with the card still inside. It was hard as a rock. I have no idea how they kept it from molding but it looked like the end had been melted somehow...very weird...I wonder what happened to that loaf. <br /><br />Joshua

Archive
11-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Others on the board have far more experience than me with the Bread cards. All of the ones I have/had are the same size. I would imagine there could be some size varience but I haven't seen it. later

Archive
11-05-2004, 07:43 AM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>My full set are all the same size and contains all 5 different backs.