PDA

View Full Version : El Birdos!!!!!!!

Archive
10-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Thank God the Cards woke up and stuck it to the Rocket. Unlike most of you here, I have always disliked him, when he was in Boston, New York or Houston. I guess my dislike of him goes back to college when he pitched for out bitter (then) rivals, the Texas Lamehorns. <br />Any way, don't bury the curse and ghost of the Bambino yet. The Cards will give them a helluva run. Unfortunately for the Birds, they have to deal with Selig's Folly, the fact home field advantage goes to the winner of the All Star game. That may make all the difference...

Archive
10-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McMenemy</b><p>Well Tbob, I had to chime in since I have never liked "The Rocket" either. This is coming from a "diehard" Red Sox fan. (I know that you are truly fond of us as well.)<br /><br />Even when he played for the Red Sox, Roger was never really a fan favorite due to his piss poor attitude. Like Wade Boggs, he played for individual awards, and was never a "team player." He was the Barry Bonds of his generation!<br /><br />

Archive
10-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Gary B.</b><p>Well, I think Roger is right up there with Johnson as the best pitcher of the last 20 years - I just can't think of a bad thing to say about him, but maybe because I'm more interested in performance than personality, which is why also I love Bonds. I hope Clemens stays another year and racks up his win total to 340-plus - the last time we're likely to see that for a VERY long time - it would be a shame if that was his last game ever...

Archive
10-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>Boy, you cetainly called this one. I have problems with a lot of MLB players, but Clemens isn't one of them - I was thrilled to hear Houston was picking him up, and I hope he hangs around another year.

Archive
10-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>I don't like the former Lamehorn Calvin Schiraldi either. <br />

Archive
10-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Pcelli60</b><p>Keep yourself in shape by working only 6 or less innings a start, avoiding select road trips, and doing lots of huntin' and fishin' with your sons and buddies and maybe you can win 400 Mr. Rocket..<br />Go NL! Screw the Sox...