PDA

View Full Version : H&B factory records

Archive
01-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Andy Broome</b><p><br>I am still somewhat new to bat collecting. I started out by collecting some obscure pre-war minor league players that I like. The research is part of the fun!<br>So, I have a list of players I am researching and I am in search of game-used bats. The problem is when a bat has a block name and limited side-written info, it can be hard to pin a bat to a specific player.<br>My question is... can I access the H&amp;B factory records? I assume I would have to travel to KY to do this which is fine. I am pretty sure I can answer many of my questions by seeing a few records.<br>Anyone know about this?<br><br><br>Andy

Archive
01-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark L</b><p>I don't know about visiting the Louisville Slugger factory itself, but I know that some of the fellas at Game Used Universe (gameuseduniverse.com) are willing to share what they know for a small membership fee. As you may know, there are enormous gaps in the records, not only from the 20's but up through the 60's. But I think it's always worth a try. Would you be willing to share some names here? There's always the possibility that someone has a side-written bat or other evidence that might help.

Archive
01-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Yes, gameuseduniverse.com chat forum is your best source for those records, and they're friendly folks over there. Just say you're a newbie and are looking for assistance.

Archive
01-30-2009, 04:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>H&amp;B released their records or copys thereof to Dave Bushing pretty much exclusively. I live in Louisville and go to the Hunt auction yearly and down the factory occasionally and have not really tried to access them but I think the records went to Bushing. You should be able to find their phone number on the web and give them a call. Please post back here your results...........<br><br><br><br>