PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Ball

Archive
10-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff W.</b><p>Hi Guys<br /><br />I don't normally post on this site but I check it all the time. Recently ebay had a trophy ball up for auction that brought just over $2,000. I have seen these past auctions and thought that this one, if real, went for a pretty good deal. What do you guys think? Here is the link:<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160292230954&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160292230954&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching</a><br /><br />Jeff W.

Archive
10-31-2008, 05:12 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>It does seem pretty cheap, but there may be a couple of reasons why. First, trophy balls are a bit of a mystery to many collectors, and the seller shed no light at all on what it was. Second, the condition was so-so. Finally, Fulton is not a recognizable team. So it wasn't the perfect situation for a really strong result.<br /><br />Trophy baseballs seem to fluctuate over time. There was a sharp spike in prices a few years ago, now they seem to have leveled off.

Archive
10-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Brock G.</b><p>I'd say someone got a really good bargain. My guess is that it probably would of sold in the $4,000-$5,000 range if sold by REA. Condition wasn't perfect but not bad at all. The lettring was a little faded but none of the gold paint was missing. <br /><br />I was watching the auction and hoping it flew somewhat under the radar but the price eclipsed by max in the closing hours. I e-mailed the seller after the auction ended and asked if they found it at an estate sale in Jacksonville (where I also live) and she said yes. Gives me a little hope that things like this can turn up in my neck of the woods.

Archive
10-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I would guess a bit less than $4000, but still more than it sold for on ebay.<br /><br />It is an amazing find at an estate sale. Did somebody have that sitting in his attic?

Archive
10-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave S</b><p>Thats a great find for an estate sale.It was a really good price a little over my budget but good for the winning bidder.I would have loved to own it I live about 40 miles away from Fulton Ny.<br /><br />Dave S