PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Trail Auctions

Archive
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Whatever happened to that auction house? I'm going through a bunch of my old catalogs and I must say that as far as memorabilia goes they had some of the best auctions of the 1990s. I found my catalog with the Stahl items that were just recently re-auctioned and almost every memorabilia lot had me salivating. Lots of items in those catalogs that I've never seen resurface...nowadays it seems like nearly half or more of a catalog auction is stuff that keeps getting turned.

Archive
10-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy Leiderman</b><p>I miss those Oregon Trail and The Political Gallery auctions of the 90's.

Archive
10-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Dorskind</b><p><br /><br />As we recall, Oregon Trail merged its business into what was then<br />Mastro and Steinberg.<br /><br />Oregon Trail has not been around since the late 1980's or early 1990's<br /><br /><br />Bruce Dorskind<br />America's Toughest Want List

Archive
10-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Bruce is correct. Oregon Trail became Mastro West, and then the owner (was it Scott Jaimet?) left the business.

Archive
10-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Thanks fellas...they were still around in 1997 as I think that's the latest catalog I have for one of their auctions.

Archive
10-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Daniel</b><p>Scott Jaimet and Oregon Trail were still around in mid-1998. That's when I bought my first Ruth glove in his auction. I too still have all of my Oregon Trail catalogs. They sure were great. You guys are right that he merged with Mastro and became Mastro West then left soonafter.<br /><br />JD

Archive
10-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>Mastro-West was pretty great as well... they featured nearly all vintage memorabilia, and very few cards. Plus, they actually had some affordable stuff (most lots would sell for under $1,000 with nearly all under $2,500).<br /><br />I was really sad when Mastro-West was disbanded, as I acquired some of my best pieces from them during the short time they were around.