PDA

View Full Version : Any Mastro Winners?

Archive
08-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>Some very looooooow prices this time around. Couldn't believe how little some stuff went for. I threw out a couple of lowball bids that somehow held up. Was not expecting to win anything, but came away with the beautiful 1890s Bib Front Jersey and the Die-cut Al Simmons D & M Easelback Ad Sign.<br /><br />Any other board members win??

Archive
08-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Brock G.</b><p>Great stuff Mark. The Simmons sign is a gem. And you really got a helluva bargain on the bib front jersey. I dont know how I overlooked that. There is a bib-front jersey on ebay right now with about 6 hours left as I type and its already higher than what you got yours for including the BP.<br /><br />One lot that I was watching was the 19th C. belt, hat, and photo. I was amazed at how high this sold for. Its amazing how those three items stayed together all these years though. I actually just won one of these 19th century belts in an ebay live auction. Unfortunately mine is not coming with a matching hat and a photo of a team wearing the pieces.

Archive
08-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>Brock... I noticed that too. Insane price on that trio! I have to believe it was the photo documentation that drove that price so high. I still can't believe that lot would sell so for so much over market value while the Bib Jersey went so low. <br /><br />I guess it just depends on how much two people want it. These auctions can be so fickle.

Archive
08-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Auction prices are all about the people bidding. That becomes more apparent when you conduct auctions, and can see how they work from the inside.

Archive
08-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Posted By: <b>jim sexton</b><p>I picked up the Chifed, Joe Tinker pennant. I thought it was an exceptionally low price for a Federal League pennant.

Archive
08-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike H</b><p>Congrats Mark. Great pieces. You stole that D&M sign.

Archive
08-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>Jim...<br /><br />Nice pickup on the ChiFeds / Tinker Pennant! You acquired an amazing piece at a very good price. I was watching that one closely, and thought it would go for a lot more. <br /><br />Will you frame it, or leave as-is? Either way.... congrats!

Archive
08-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Great pick ups guys. I agree, there were some low prices, but some things went strong. I picked up the Al Simmons game used bat sidewritten for Charlie Gehringer. <br />Matt