PDA

View Full Version : anyone know anything about coach's corner?

Archive
07-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Posted By: <b>ali_lapoint</b><p>looking into buying a ball authenticated by the auction house coach's corner. are they a reliable authentication service?

Archive
07-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Posted By: <b>David Atkatz</b><p>'Nuff Ced<br /><br />(With apologies to Greg.)

Archive
07-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>From what I have seen and read probably the absolute worst company in the world to buy anything from...literally the worst....<br /><br /><a href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1202296866/Re-+Open+letter+to+STAT+and+Christopher+Morales" target="_new">http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1202296866/Re-+Open+letter+to+STAT+and+Christopher+Morales</a>

Archive
07-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Joseph</b><p>You know that ten-foot pole you've heard about? Well...double that...but still don't touch it.

Archive
07-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris David</b><p>Avoid this outfit at all costs.

Archive
07-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was a joke. But if, by chance you're seriously contemplating a purchase, just supress the urge. <br /><br />You will see items go outragrously cheap on their site, and there is a reason... they're all fake. No matter how long this thread ends up going, I will be floored if even one supporter of Coach's Corner chimes in.

Archive
07-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>I bought my signed Bible at Coach's Corner. It was a limited edition of 15,000,000.

Archive
07-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Posted By: <b>CS Bolay</b><p>Stay away from them at all costs, they sell fakes a'plenty...

Archive
07-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>Completely agree. Why the hell does SCD allow them to continue to run their ads ?

Archive
07-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Simon</b><p>They have had cut signatures of George Washington for their last 3 or 4 auctions. How can they get them? The big historic autograph auction houses never see that kind of volume for a Washington signature.<br />Could it be a private signing? <br /><br />=<br><br>I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.<br />Unknown author <br />--<br />We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.<br />No retreat baby, no surrender.<br />The Boss

Archive
07-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Posted By: <b>ali_lapoint</b><p>thanks for helping me out guys. i have passed on the ball i was going to buy. really glad i asked you first.

Archive
07-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Posted By: <b>D. Bergin</b><p>About 10 years ago I bought a "Millers Crossing" (my favorite movie), movie poster signed by Gabriel Byrne and John Turturro from them. Not a big deal but I still have it after all this time.<br /><br />I never really researched the autographs but is it pretty much a given this piece is bogus or do they occasionally sprinkle good stuff into their auctions? I think it's the only item I've ever bought from them.<br /><br />

Archive
07-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Posted By: <b>CS Bolay</b><p>Hmm...it's possible, at least, I'm sure they might have some good stuff in there. However, the major items (vintage single-signed HOFers, rock albums, etc) are fake for the most part. <br /><br />Multi-signed movie posters are widely-forged, but these tend somewhat to be the huge releases (Star Wars, LOTR, et al) with most of the cast.