PDA

View Full Version : Mel Ott Heartwood Bat?

Archive
05-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Anyone know approximately what one might pay for a 35" Louisville Slugger Mel Ott "Heartwood" Special Model bat? No cracks and in very good condition.

Archive
05-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Posted By: <b>John Harrell</b><p>Dan,<br /><br />Can you tell me what the center label says?<br /><br />John

Archive
05-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>I don't own it...I saw it at a garage sale today - no price on it. It was an odd looking center brand that I don't think I've seen before. It said "Heartwood" in the spot where it normally says "Oil tempered" or "Flame tempered". And if I remember correctly it was a model number 140HS &lt;--whatever that means.<br /><br />This guy also had a 34" Ted Williams Sears bat that looked near mint. Lots of other bats, photos, a 1961 Yankees photo Pennant and even a Tim Raines Expos uniform (Jersey and Pants) that I mulled over, but I have no clue if it's a game used uniform or not and neither did the guy who owned it. The Jersey was a Rawlings size 40 and the pants were size 32...there is no name on the tags on either the pants or jersey. I just don't know that stuff well enough to even make a guess.

Archive
05-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Keith</b><p>Damn, that sounds like one heck of a garage sale. All I ever seem to find at them are coffee mugs, toys, etc. I am guessing the prices were fairly high since you didn't take it all home?

Archive
05-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>The prices were pretty high on most everything and lots of stuff didn't have prices and he was taking offers. There were items there I'd never seen before too like a Roger Maris golf shirt from the Roger Maris clothes line. It had a 61/61 symbol on the breast. There was even a Lincoln Chiefs team photo from 1961 - he had $50 on it and I already have two from that year so I left it. He told me he has more Lincoln stuff and he'll bring it out tomorrow.