PDA

View Full Version : New Website is up

Archive
04-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhys Yeakley</b><p>(This is a duplicate post from over on the card side)<br /><br />Having obtained Leon's permission I wanted to let the board know that my new website is up and running at www.prewarsports.com. I have not made the trasition to Dealer only, as I still have a personal collection as well, but many of my items are now available for sale to the public for the first time. I believe the inventory to be one of the deepest on the internet with a large variety of early photographs, and one of the largest inventories of Baseball Pre-War signatures available as well as baseball cards which people might find of interest. There are no scans up yet although I have taken hundreds of photos for the site, they just are not up yet. If anyone has any questions or would like any scans please feel free to e mail me and I will get them to you ASAP. I will be adding new inventory and hundreds of photos over the next few weeks but at least the meat of the site is up and running. <br /><br />Thanks to all the friends I have made on this board and I hope you all enjoy the site.<br /><br />Rhys Yeakley<br /><br />www.prewarsports.com<br /><br />themodo@hotmail.com

Archive
04-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Posted By: <b>jeremy</b><p>deleted

Archive
04-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>I am really sorry. That was not meant to be on there. It was supposed to have a NFS next it. I am taking it off right now. I am really sorry about the mistake.

Archive
04-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>I just took it off and I am SO sorry it was on there. It really was a mistake. These lists started out being a personal list of what I had as a sort of spreadsheet with values I personally placed on things(which is why the pages have the grid lines on them) and I just used those pages to convert it to a website. I only proofread it one time and obviously should have done a better job. I knew there would be mistakes on here but I figured they would just be spelling errors and things like that. I really do apologize and it was a mistake that I do feel bad about not catching. Really sorry and I fixed it the second I saw your post. It was totally my mistake for not being more careful with these lists and I really am sorry for what it is worth.

Archive
04-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Posted By: <b>jeremy</b><p>No problem Rhys--I just hope you understand why I didnt want it known that I gave out some of his autographs--If it was a mistake all is forgiven--good luck with your website----Jeremy

Archive
04-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>Jeremy<br /><br />I am once again sorry for the mistake and I took it off as soon as I saw the post. I totally understand your point of view and it was totally my fault for not doing a better job double checking. Anyone who has seen my ebay auctions and knows me knows that one of my faults is that I am bad at proof reading and double checking things and that is what happened here but I would never tell someone one thing and then deliberatley do another. <br />You would never expect someone who went to Law School being a horrible proof reader but I am just impatient with this type of stuff and it bit me here. Lesson learned and I will start being better about double checking stuff from here on out.<br /><br />Jeremy, you are a stand up guy and I really appreciate you as you know from my e mails last year and I am sorry if I caused you some grief. Take care and sorry one last time for the oversight. Best of luck with the Knicks stuff in REA, I will be bidding.<br /><br />Rhys<br />

Archive
04-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Rhys, looks great and I can't wait for you to put the pics up.

Archive
04-14-2008, 05:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Greg Theberge</b><p>Nice website.<br /><br />You have an 1879 Boston Red Sox program listed.<br /><br />1879?<br /><br />As the Sox didn't come into being until 1901, I think you have the wrong team listed.<br /><br />Greg

Archive
04-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>How dare you question me! <br /><br />I am just kidding, I thought they were still called the Red Stockings back then but I just looked it up and appearantly they were called the Boston Red Caps. I knew they were not the current Red Sox ancestors but looks like I had the team name wrong anyways. I will fix it up. Thanks for the comments.<br /><br />Rhys

Archive
04-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Hi Rhys- great website and I caught an item that needs editing: the Anson book was published in 1900, not 1906. But you have some very nice stuff.

Archive
04-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Pat Nester</b><p>Great selection of items Rhys. Look forward to the items I purchased!

Archive
04-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Posted By: <b>David Atkatz</b><p>Just received mine, and I'm thrilled!