PDA

View Full Version : bidding patterns

Archive
04-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Posted By: <b>jermsie</b><p>Hello guys, This board has helped me out in the past and I was wondering if some of you guys could clue me in on how the bidding usually breaks down in most of the auctions these days. Obviously it depends on the lot being bid on---but I was wondering if most of the bidding takes place in the last week? day? hour? or minutes? of the auction? any input from the forum would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jeremy

Archive
04-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>It seems the lots that I bid on get a little bit of action in the first day or so...then nothing until the last day. Unlike the card collectors the memorabilia collectors don't seem so frenzied to get a bid in right away.

Archive
04-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Steinberg</b><p>This reply does not pertain to ebay... only the Catalogue Auctions...<br /><br />I have noticed more of a "slow build" pattern as of late. It seems there is much less of a bidding frenzy at the end. I think this is largely because of the new closing formats adopted by Mastro, Huggins, Hunt Internet, SCP, et al.<br /><br />With each lot closing individually, it is now much harder to jump from lot to lot (after you've been outbid...) Thus, the auctions close much earlier and the bidding takes place in a more even fashion.<br /><br />For the record, I much prefer the "old" way, still employed by REA, Lelands and the like. Might feel a bit differently if I lived on the East Coast!