PDA

View Full Version : Bunting Bat

Archive
03-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Posted By: <b>John Harrell</b><p>Here's the listing for a bunting bat I picked on Ebay Tuesday. I've been looking for one of these for years and was amazed that there was not more activity on this one. This was one of the missing pieces of my collection and I can't believe it went so cheap.<br /><br />John<br /><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/2eh3g3" target="_new">http://tinyurl.com/2eh3g3</a>

Archive
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>John, have you read Brock's latest thread? Your bats are remarkably similar...odd that two bats so similar would show up on ebay within such a short time of each other when I've never seen a single example like it before today.

Archive
03-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>That is indeed pretty amazing. Even the knobs appear to be flattened at the same exact point (aligned with the flat side of the barrel). It is funny how you can go for months without seeing something, and then a few turn up at the same time.

Archive
03-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Posted By: <b>John Harrell</b><p>Dan and Mark,<br /><br />The big difference between the two bats is that one has both sides flat and the other has only one side flat. The town ball bat is a good bit older than the one I've shown. My bat is for bunting and was legal in the big leagues between 1885 and 1893. I've been searching for one as long as I've been collecting bats and this is the first one I've seen on Evilbay. Dan, have you run across bunting bats before or do you have one?<br /><br />John

Archive
03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Posted By: <b>John Harrell</b><p>Larry,<br /><br />The proof will be when I get the bat. There's little doubt that this is a hand made bat. The patina should be easy to check once I get it. The seller is reputable and offers a return on his items so I feel pretty secure.<br /><br />john

Archive
03-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Larry Haven is not allowed to post on the Net54 baseball forums...sorry if that interrupts the flow of conversation of this thread, but he has broken Net54 rules.