PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Willie Mays Signed Ball

Archive
02-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>Hi guys,<br /><br />Since my last question was answered so quickly I figured I would throw another one out.<br /><br />I have a vintage Willie Mays signed NL Warren Giles Baseball. My question is does anyone know when Mays changed his signature to the new crap he signs now. It's a very nice signature with little circles over the i's. <br /><br />I know the ball is from 52-69 but I would like to try to narrow the signature time frame down a bit.<br /><br />This is the only sports item that has been handed down from my grandfather and no one knew anything about how it was aquired or where.<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br /><br />James G<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Archive
02-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I assume his recent years, sometimes illegible signature is due to old age and ill health.

Archive
02-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>You could check the faux signatures on Topps cards, as they were relatively current. I looked myself, and his modern signature is significantly different than his playing days ones.