PDA

View Full Version : Question about a couple autographed balls.

Archive
11-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>Hi guys,<br /><br />I have a friend who's wondering about value on a couple autographed balls.<br /><br />Both have been authenticated by James Spence.<br /><br />The balls are as follows:<br /><br />1948 Brooklyn Dodgers team<br />1948 New York Giants team<br /><br />All the autographs on the balls are visible and the Jackie Robinson signature is pretty clear.<br /><br />Thanks for any help. This is way out of my jurisdiction.<br /><br />Robert

Archive
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Is he looking to buy and wants to know what is a fair price range to pay?

Archive
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>No he wants to sell them.<br /><br />

Archive
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I don't know about the Giants, but if the Dodgers ball is sharp and has all the big names, $1,000+ might be a decent price. Condition of sigs is very important. That's just a guess. I'm used to auctions where you can never predict accurately what things will actually sell for-- and a prediction often doesn't match reality. The best guide for him is to check past auctions, ala REA, Mastro, Lelands, etc-- as they will have sold old Dodgers/Robinson and Giants balls with prices realized. Their prices will be moreliable than my guess. As your friend already has the JSA LOAs, the auction house prices might be comparable to what he can get. <br /><br />If he wishes to sell it, it might wish to consign it to Mastro, REA, Lelands or whomever.<br /><br />When asked to, I never guess the final price of an ongoing auction. I know if I do the questioner will soon see how off was my guess.

Archive
11-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>Thanks David.<br /><br />That helps quite a bit. I'll pass the information on.<br /><br />Take care.<br /><br />robert