PDA

View Full Version : Rube Waddell photo?

Archive
11-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Posted By: <b>martindl</b><p><br />This just ended.<br /><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/2a5egq" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/2a5egq</a><br /><br />I'm sure the attention was due to the pitcher Waddell. A quick Google search has a couple of accounts of Waddell pitching for Oil City, but an excerpt from his biography also on Google, states that this was incorrect, stating that he pitched only against Oil City.<br /><br />Thoughts on this one?<br /><br />btw, no skin in the game for me. My max was less than $100.

Archive
11-06-2007, 04:36 PM
edit

Archive
11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Posted By: <b>martindl</b><p>Thanks Rhys. Sorry you missed out on it. <br /><br />Do you think Waddell was a member of Oil City?<br /><br />

Archive
11-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Oh wow! Great photo...that one slipped by me...not that I could afford it at that price anyway, but sure enough that's Rube.

Archive
11-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Max Weder</b><p>Dan<br /><br />Even worse, I looked at the photo early on, and went, nope, nobody interesting.<br /><br />In any event, too high for me, even with the Canadian dollar soaring to $1.07<br /><br />Max

Archive
11-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Keith</b><p>I saw this photo early on but also didn't even catch Waddell in it. I don't know anything about if Waddell played for Oil City or not, but if you look at the player standing on the left, he is wearing a uniform marked Franklin, which is a neighboring town of Oil City, so perhaps their are other opposing players in the photo as well.

Archive
11-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I saw it and knew it was Waddell but since my last high dollar loss on a photo I am sticking to cards....This "Sui" guy seems to have a not so good reputation...

Archive
11-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Are you talking about the Chickering photo Leon?

Archive
11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
edit