PDA

View Full Version : Auction results

Archive
10-27-2007, 04:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike H</b><p>Did anyone pick up a new treasure in from the recent auctions? The Spalding Trophys in Mastro went loooow. I wish I had a little extra cash sitting around when the auction went off.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=75824&LastLotListing=Lot%20Gallery%20Categories&CurrentRow=1&Category=Memorabilia" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=75824&LastLotListing=Lot%20Gallery%20Categories&CurrentRow=1&Category=Memorabilia</a><br /><br /><a href="http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=75821&LastLotListing=Lot%20Gallery%20Categories&CurrentRow=1&Category=Memorabilia" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=75821&LastLotListing=Lot%20Gallery%20Categories&CurrentRow=1&Category=Memorabilia</a>

Archive
10-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Aaron M.</b><p>I got the 1929-31 Athletics pinback and press pass. <br /><br /><a href="http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=75827&LastLotListing=Watched%20Lots%20List&CurrentRow=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=75827&LastLotListing=Watched%20Lots%20List&CurrentRow=1</a><br /><br />Now it's time to gear up for Leland's November auction. I don't know if anyone has stopped by their site for the preview, but it is going to be a monster for memorabilia collectors.

Archive
10-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>I agree the Spalding Trophies when for less then I expected, I think one on eBay went for more last year. In the past I have seen them go for lower prices - but on average there worth 3,000-5,000 unless you have a known players name on them<br /><br />Jimmy<br />

Archive
10-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Greg Theberge</b><p>Nice pickup Aaron

Archive
10-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike H</b><p>You did well Aaron. <br /><br />I noticed Lelands have that Spalding catcher trophy with the big cut on the front of the ball. It looks like someone tried to cut it with a radial arm saw.

Archive
10-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>The November Lelands auction is also going to be a monster in sports photography. I just got in 250+ lots of great individual sports photos for the internet only portion. Bidding begins next Saturday.

Archive
10-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike H</b><p>Scott. Do you only work through Lelands now? No more consignments from collectors?

Archive
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>We stopped taking new consignments for ebay about two weeks ago and probably won't be posting on ebay anymore after the 1st of the year.<br /><br />August was my 10th year anniversary of selling on ebay and it was a good run. For the past couple of years I had been getting bored with it though. For me, the most exciting aspect of this business is seeing great fresh material. The position that I have with Lelands now allows me to do that on a daily basis. <br /><br />Also, from a sellers standpoint, the catalog/monthly internet style of auction offers some thing that ebay rarely does anymore, the chance that the price on an item will go crazy. Ebay sniping is a wonderful thing, but it does not compete with the 10 minute rule. <br /><br />Scott

Archive
10-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Steinberg</b><p>Scott: <br />Just wanted to say thanks for your 10 great years on Ebay. As both a consignor and bidder, I have really appreciated your services. I was able to pick up many nice pieces through you, over the years.<br /><br /><br />Mike:<br />Did the Spalding Catcher Trophy really go that low in Mastro's? I was the under-bidder, and dropped out when it would have taken a $3,400 bid to be on top. With their commission, this would meant spending over $4,000. Seemed like quite a lot, as the silver finish looked kind of dull and patchy. You are absolutely right about the "Fielder" Trophy... that one could have gone for about $1,500 more!

Archive
10-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>Mark, I appreciate the comment. <br /><br />Scott

Archive
10-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike H</b><p>Is the buyers premium that high!?!? I would call it a $4,300 trophy anyway. They are just real tough to beat. The fielder is in my oppinion the next best and it was a steel.

Archive
10-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Steinberg</b><p>I'm pretty sure Mastro's Buyers'Premium is now 20%. So a $3,400 bid would cost over $4K. This darn thing is in my "Top 5" Want List, and this is about the 7th time I have been the under-bidder. But it would take a near perfect example for me to justify that $$. Plus, I never could have afforded the Ruth Clock, which was another on my "top 5 list" before yesterday. So all is good!

Archive
10-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I agree, Scott was always a top notch seller, knowledgeable as anybody and honest. Leland's gain.

Archive
10-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>Scott - Are you ever moving back to Maryland ?

Archive
10-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>I seriously doubt it<br /><br />I really like Cape Cod. People pay a ton of money just to visit this place for a week during the summer and I get to live here all year. I am only a few miles from the ocean and I can see the bay from the hill above my house. Summers on Nauset beach are too much of a draw for me to move away. <br /><br />Scott<br /><br />

Archive
11-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Greg Theberge</b><p>Scott,<br /><br />Will you be at Wilmington this weekend?<br />Greg

Archive
11-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Keith</b><p>Whats in Wilmington, a show?

Archive
11-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>I will be there, all weekend, stop by and say high.<br /><br />It is Wilmington MA, the annual Shriners Show.<br /><br />Scott

Archive
11-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Greg Theberge</b><p>See you Saturday morning.