PDA

View Full Version : College & High School Yearbooks

Archive
11-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Jerry Rucker</b><p>I have a 1901 Bucknell Yearbook that would have been Matty's senior year had he finished college. It pictures Matty on the 1899 Football, Basketball & Baseball teams. It's in excellent condition. I was wondering if there is much interest in College & High School yearbooks of Hall of Famers.<br />I don't have any scans handy of the book right now but would like to see if any board members might have something to share along the lines of High School and College yearbooks of sports stars.<br />Thans<br />Jerry

Archive
11-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>Jerry,<br /><br />That is very cool.<br /><br />Although I have never collected College & High School yearbooks of Hall of Famers -<br />I have to believe there are many people who would be very interested in those items (including myself).<br /><br />Please post scans if / when you get a chance.<br /><br />

Archive
11-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>There is some interest and it is a crossover collectible in that not just sports guys want those books, but there are people who collect yearbooks with famous people in them too. I don't collect them myself, but I do put some in my watchlist on ebay when they come up and just in the last week or so Thurman Munson's and Bobby Doerr's high school yearbooks were on ebay. I also look out for local ones when I go to garage sales...recent books around here which have Joba Chamberlain and Alex Gordon could net some easy money.<br /><br />I have seen early Michigan yearbooks with George Sisler in them bring a premium. I believe there is a Columbia yearbook with Gehrig....I know there is a high school one with Gehrig because it's in one of my old auction catalogs...don't know what it sold for though.

Archive
11-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>I have sold Harvard, Yale and Boston College yearbooks before. There is interest even without famous people. The most recent one was Harvard from the 1920s and I got 50.00 for it, so I am sure you have a unique item because it shows early photos of Matty. <br /><br />Jimmy<br />

Archive
11-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Jerry- I know the Matty yearbook is a particularly desirable one and pretty valuable.