PDA

View Full Version : three rivers stadium memorabilia

Archive
10-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Posted By: <b>mike</b><p>i have a friend who used to work for the pittsburgh pirates at the time they were tearing down 3 rivers stadium. he was able to get all of the national league team emblems that hung on the outfield walls. they are made of wood and are fairly large( about 3ft. wide and 4ft. tall). they are one a kind items, in great shape, and very colorful. would anyone be able to give a ballpark figure(no pun intended) as to the approximate value of such an item, or has anyone seen something similar somewhere?

Archive
10-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>The only think I can think of that would be commensurate with those items would be the flags that fly at Wrigley Field....I've seen them go up for auction occasionally and bring $300+.

Archive
10-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Max Weder</b><p>Hi Mike<br /><br />I have no idea of value, but I have a friend here who is a diehard Pirates fan and would likely be interested if there is one of the Pirates. Send me an email if there is one for sale.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Max

Archive
10-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>A few years ago the St. Louis Cardinals sold a whole lot of stuff from the old stadium, including flags, signs, even the clubhouse latrine. I don't recall specific prices, but items similar to the emblems you describe sold for perhaps a few hundred bucks or more a piece. There is collector demand for those types of items.