PDA

View Full Version : are there any on line autograph price guide sites

Archive
09-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Lentel</b><p>anyone know of any online autograph price guide or any current magazine with autograph prices<br />thanks

Archive
09-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Posted By: <b>brock</b><p>Hi<br />Psacard.com has one but you need to be a member. You can give me the players name and what the autograph is on and i can look it up in one of my books if you want. Only if it's a big name player.

Archive
09-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Tuff Stuff used to half autograph price guides for Hall of Famers and current stars, and can be found at many supermarkets and big book stores.

Archive
09-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark L</b><p>Isn't there an autograph section and price guide in the SMR?

Archive
09-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Posted By: <b>George Dreher</b><p>eBay is a good indicator of price if you go to completed items. If the person you are searching for is too rare or obscure, then you might need to refer to a price guide in book form.

Archive
09-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Lentel</b><p>thanks guys

Archive
09-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Posted By: <b>Lentel</b><p>Brock I was interested in the price of a ty cobb autographed check, a hoyt wilhelm auto check, a babe ruth auto photo and a auto rabbit maranville photo<br />thanks very much

Archive
09-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Posted By: <b>brock</b><p>Hi<br />My SMR price for the following are.<br />Ty cobb signed check:$1,000<br />Hoyt Wilhelm signed check:$40<br />Babe Ruth signed photo:$4,000<br />Rabbit Maranville signed photo:$750

Archive
09-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>Pricing autographs is always tricky and it is not an exact science because there are so many factors you have to deal with. <br /><br />Is it for a forgery? That's the most important thing. Is it authenticated? By whom? When was it signed? What is it signed on? How is the item is it signed on? What writing instrument was used? What is the contrast of the item? Is it personalized? Provenance? What's the overall grade of the signature and the piece? etc.<br /><br />A signature can get $500 from auction house A and that same signature can be sent to auction house B and get $1500. Basically, guides can give you a rather inconsistent range, therfore are useless. As far as your requests go:<br /><br />Ty Cobb Check $800-900<br />Hoyt Wilhem Check $30-40<br />Babe Ruth Photo $3,000-4,000<br />Rabbit Maranville Photo $700-800 <br /><br />Hope that helps a little.<br /><br />DJ<br /><br />

Archive
09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Lentel</b><p>Brock and Dj thank you very much for you time and looking that up for me. It is very much appreciated<br />thanks again

Archive
09-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Posted By: <b>George Dreher</b><p>DJ and Brock's estimates are right in line with recent eBay sales. Last two Cobb signed checks went for $912 and $918

chaddurbin
04-05-2011, 01:40 AM
bumping an old thread. i was going to ask about price guides for autographs...

we all know how inaccurate SMR is about prewar cards. are they more on-point with the autos? i'm mainly interested in the more verifiable items...like cancelled checks of major hof'ers.

Heritage Sports
04-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Price guides are helpful to a degree, but I think we all can agree that a single price for a Babe Ruth signed photo, for example, is a bit too simplistic when they can range over thousands or even occasionally tens of thousands of dollars based upon size, condition, personalization/notation, etc. Though it's admittedly a bit self-serving, I can honestly identify the Heritage Auctions "Permanent Auction Archives" as one of the most helpful online sources for valuation. Every lot we've ever sold (over 55,000 to date) is available with full images, auction copy and prices realized. And it's 100% free to join and view.

http://sports.ha.com/?tab=archive

margoaepi
04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Sigprices.com is the autograph version of vintagecardprices.com. I know the guy who started it and I think it is a very reliable way to get a feel for the market price of various items.

olsport
04-17-2011, 10:35 PM
I appologize for posting when this is not my thread, but I have a fountain pen signed autographed letter by Branch Rickey Junior, when he was working for the dodgers minor league system. It has the multi colored dodgers letterhead also. Price range please. Thanks

travrosty
04-24-2011, 10:38 PM
i have price ranges on heavyweight boxing signatures for cuts, and signed photos on my website www.joeheavyweight.com