PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Magazine Premiums(9x20)

Archive
08-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Posted By: <b>paulstratton</b><p>I recently picked up a lot of 10 of the 9 x 20 large sized Baseball Magazine premiums. Other than what I have read in the big book, and what I have read by searching on the baseball forum, is there anymore information out there on these? The lot included Wagner, Jackson, Cobb, Lajoie, Chance and some common players. I know some of the posters have been reprinted, but is there any way to date these at all? They are in vg or less condition and they do look and feel really old. I plan on having them framed so the edges didn't bother me too much. Price averaged about $30 each. I'm just hoping I didn't get bent over too badly. Any help on these?

Archive
08-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>There was a lengthy thread on these about a month ago. It should give you all the info you need.

Archive
08-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>From what I've observed, the real BBM premiums on the market far outnumber any modern reprints. It's not a case like with the Fro Joys where the fakes outnumber the real. Note that BBM did issue some premiums over a number of years. <br /><br />Most to all of the vintage BBM premiums are on thin, smooth, coated paper. The Joe Jackson is rare and the most expensive of all the BBM premiums.

Archive
08-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Posted By: <b>paulstratton</b><p>Thanks David and Mike. I can't seem to find the thread you are referring to Mike. Oh well. I know they are old and real, just wondering if the 9x20's were issued after the dates in the book.

Archive
08-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I will get back to you with some info tomorrow morn. Good night. have to rest up for a party that will be lasting two days....

Archive
08-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I assume any Jackson BBM premium was issued before he was banned.