PDA

View Full Version : Game Tickets

Archive
07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Is there a grading company that grades baseball game tickets?<br /><br />Peter C.

Archive
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>PSA

Archive
07-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Look two threads back....tickets

Archive
07-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Posted By: <b>David Atkatz</b><p>Why would you want your tickets--or any other artifacts--graded?<br /><br />When was the last time you went to a museum--the National Baseball Museum in Cooperstown, for example--and seen an artifact on display graded and slabbed by PSA?<br /><br />Enough already with PSA! They've ruined cards, they don't know what the hell they're doing when it comes to autographs, and now they're starting to ruin memorabilia.

Archive
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>95% of the reason I get my tickets encapsulated is for protection. The remainder is to root out tickets that have been tampered with. I have bought some that were repaired or altered. I display items at shows and schools and it makes it easier to transport them, and pass them around. I don't have horns and cloven hooves. I can always free them. Sometimes you anti slab guys get way too carried away. So if I choose to slab a few things, how does that affect the item? It doesn't. No harm done.

Archive
07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Posted By: <b>David Atkatz</b><p>No, it doesn't affect the item.<br />It affects the hobby.<br /><br />We're already at the point where no one will buy an autograph unless it's been "authenticated." And, as I said, when it comes to autographs, PSA doesn't have a clue.<br /><br />I have been collecting for more than forty years. I don't need some schmuck at PSA to tell me what's genuine, and what is not. And if that wasn't bad enough, assign the piece a grade!<br /><br />If you want to be a collector, work at it. You must become the expert. (If you're really interested in what it is that you're collecting, it's actually not work, but fun.)<br /><br />And if you're just buying as an investment, and couldn't care less about the stuff you're buying, and thus need someone to tell you what it is you've bought, the hell with ya!

Archive
07-25-2007, 05:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I've been collecting since about 1960. I was 5. I have been collecting pre war for about 18 years. So if the implication is that I am some ignorant moron who knows nothing, and could care less about the hobby, you are dead wrong. I didn't slab them for the grade. I already was quite certain of the grade. I'm certain I am at least as knowledgeable as you are, and probably more so. And how does one measure the amount of love for the hobby? I have plenty. I'm not sure why a slabbed ticket stub should throw you into such a tizzy....sheesh.

Archive
07-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>HEY!!! No fighting on the memorabilia side. We're all friends here!!!<br /><br />

Archive
07-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Sorry, it's been a tough day. And it's not even over yet..........

Archive
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Guys,<br /><br />It's your money. Actually, there's no reason why you can't do both if you want to. Slab the high ticket items or the items you would like to sell in the future. For items you simply collect because you like them, leave them unslabbed.<br /><br />Peter C.