PDA

View Full Version : update 2004...baseballs sad lexicon......THE CUBS

Archive
10-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>These are the saddest of possible words:<br />"to finish first if your the cubs no chance."<br />losers these cubs, and full of harsh words,<br />moises and sammy, no chance!<br />Ruthlessly picking on steve stones gonfalon bubble,<br />Making an error into a double-<br />Words that are heavy with nothing but trouble:<br />"to win a world series no chance"

Archive
10-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Grantland Rice eat your heart out...

Archive
10-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Pcelli60</b><p>I have always known but three truths in life. The Sun will rise, the Sun will set, and the Cubs will not win the pennant...

Archive
10-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian H (misunderestimated)</b><p>since the last Cubs championship. My guess is that there is no person alive today who has lucid memories of them actually winning it all. To give you an idea of just how long ago that was there wasn't even an income tax yet in the United States.

Archive
10-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Posted By: <b>GlenV</b><p>It would be bad if the Cubs, White Sox, or Red Sox ever win a series. With all the fans praying "God, please let me live long enough to see the [Cubs/Sox] win", half the population of [Chicago/Boston] could expire.

Archive
10-04-2004, 05:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>The Cubs dominated the league in the beginning. They are just taking a well deserved break.<br /><br />Anson, Kelly, Corcoran, Pfeffer, Flint, Williamson, Clarkson, Burns, etal.