PDA

View Full Version : Slightly off topic, but can any of the lawyers help with this?

Archive
09-30-2004, 10:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob L</b><p>Just read in the fishwrap today that there is now another guy who is going to sue the guy who has the Bonds 700HR ball. How much more asinine can this get? Is there anyway that I can sue for the ball too? I wasn't at the game and didn't even see the HR until the next day, but had I been there, I am sure I would have retrieved the ball and therefore believe that I am the rightful owner also. Where do I start?

Archive
09-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>I like the part where the guy who is suing said he secured the ball with his right leg.This guy never even claims to have held the ball,he just says it was under him.It appears he was actually trying to grab it with his butt but he was too tight to pick it up<br /><br />Next they are going to do this in football,whenever there is a big pile on a judge and lawyer/jury stand will be wheeled onto the field and each player will get his chance to plea his case<br /><br />If it were me and they said the 2 guys had to sell the ball and split to profits.Id set up a fake auction and keep the price down,give them each like 500 bucks,and have the 'winner' turn around and resell the ball for a million or whatever,and then give that money to the guy who actually came away with the ball

Archive
09-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>Sounds like a winner to me.

Archive
09-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>Does anyone watch football? If there's a fumble then the team that has possession of the ball is the team that recovered it. You know there's a lot of kicking, punching, pinching, biting and scratching while the pile is picked apart by the refs. <br /><br />Securing a ball with a thigh or body part other than a hand probably wouldn't be considered possession. <br /><br />Crap like this is a waste of the courts time. The loser of the case should be forced to pay full court costs. To me this effort might alleviate the chances of a dispute for HR ball number 756.<br /><br />What would King Soloman do here? He'd probably tell the whining cry baby that is bringing suit against the other person to shut up and be grateful for just being their to witness such an event. <br /><br />

Archive
09-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Jon Canfield</b><p>It all comes down to Pierson v. Post

Archive
09-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I'd make a fortune...<br /><br />I am afraid that as Bonds nears the magic number, someone is likely to be seriously injured or even killed in the stands fighting over the ball.

Archive
09-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>I was thinking that the other day too Adam,but could you imagine if he hit an inside the park home run for number 756<br /><br />I hope he does it in Pittsburgh where he started and the ball lands in the Alleghany

Archive
09-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Rob L</b><p>It would be great if it ended up like McGwire 62nd and ended up with someone working for the stadium crew.

Archive
09-30-2004, 01:29 PM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>MLB has hired Milon Bradley to break up the crowds by throwing plastic bear bottles at them. The bottles don't hurt anybody, and it gives Milton something to do.<br /><br />Luckily, with Ichrio's record, only a fraction of his hits go further than the pitcher's mound. <br /><br />I'm not saying whether or not I agree with the statement, but a former baseball player and commentator said that, with all the roids and other issues dramatically and artificially inflating today's power numbers, the only legitimate ('pure') record that is being pursued is Ichiro's hits and singles record.

Archive
09-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Money has caused this, no one cares about the ball, it is the value. Money has ruined the hobby too, hence 3rd party grading. Money, Money, Money. I am glad that I am happy with NO money.

Archive
09-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...the 1869 Cincinnati Reds, baseball's first paid team. I wish they had just kept it all amateur. That way, we could collect amateur vintage cards of our favorite amateur baseball players, which were produced for free by the cigarette companies that never charged for their product but were just happy to be dispensing their free tobacco products to the free world.<br /><br />