PDA

View Full Version : T206 by position checklists?

Archive
09-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Posted By: <b>martindl</b><p>I've seen the standard T206 checklists that list alphabetically by player. Does an online checklist exist that lists the players position also?

Archive
09-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>given that there have been no responses, not even a no, i thought i should change the title as it might have been misleading.

Archive
09-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>Ive never seen one and ive looked at plenty of t206 sites.Most of them can be found on baseball-reference.com except a few of the guys who didnt make the majors<br /><br />I know Patrick/vintagecatcher could tell you all the catchers offhand.I have a book called 1994 baseball encyclopedia and if you look under the 1909 season at least 80 percent of the players are listed there along with games played at each position

Archive
09-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Have any of the t206 players made it to the majors, but didn't actually get a chance to have an at bat or fielding opportunity (like Moonlight Graham)? I collect "bench jockey" cards, but have not yet taken the time to go through this set nor many other sets.<br /><br />Gil

Archive
09-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>Most of the minor leaguers were known players near the end of their careers,John Anderson,Joe Kelley,Jake Beckley,William Hart,Jimmy Collins etc.<br /><br />If you go down the list,youll see the minor leaguers are less like rookie cards would be and more like journeyman who were probably star players on their minor league team<br /><br />Altho there are obvious exceptions and a few of the players i know never made the majors